Are you willing to volunteer your time once a month in order to assist the Township?
Positions are currently available on the following Boards & Committees:
- ZONING HEARING BOARD
- What is the Zoning Hearing Board?
The Zoning Hearing Board is a quasi-judicial body, consisting of five regular members all of whom are residents of the Township. Members are appointed by Township Commissioners to serve 5-year terms.
During their tenure, members of the Zoning Hearing Board are not permitted to hold any other office in the municipality.
The Board is responsible for the following activities:
- Hearing and deciding appeals where it is alleged that the Zoning Officer(s) has erred in applying or interpreting regulations;
- Hearing and making decisions on special exceptions; and
- Authorizing variances from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance, as permitted by the Municipalities Planning Code.
For questions about this board, call (717) 732-0711, option 4.
When there are cases to be heard, board members meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month if there is an agenda in the commissioner meeting room on the G-Floor of the East Pennsboro Township Community & Municipal Center.
- William Zysk
- Frank Ryder
- Mark Giseselr
- INDUSTRIAL COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
What is the Industrial Commercial Development Authority?
The Industrial Commercial Development Authorityis a quasi-judicial body, consisting of five regular members and one all of whom 80% are residents of the Township. Members are appointed by Township Commissioners to serve 5-year terms.
The Authority is responsible for the following activities:
- To encourage and promote the industrial and commercial welfare, development, and growth of East Pennsboro Township.
- To provide a vehicle for cooperative projects, interchange of ideas, intercommunity cooperation, and interchange of industrial information for the industrial development and civic betterment of the Township of East Pennsboro.
- To prepare and present for consideration to the Board of Commissioners and to the Planning Commission, reports and recommendations necessary or proper to the accomplishment of the foregoing purposes and functions.
- Maintain and keep on file records of its activities. All records and files of the Commission shall be in the possession of the Board of Commissioners.
- Hold public hearings and meetings.
- Request from other departments and agencies of the Township such available information as is necessary to the accomplishment of the foregoing purposes and functions.
The Authority meets as need.
- WEST SHORE AUTHORITY
Board Interest Application